Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Interview with Spencer le Border at Perrin Paris

November 15, 2012 at Perrin Paris

SLB: Jackie has come from California for her first Paris booksigning. We met on this occasion, a few months after I discovered her book, Paris-Chien: adventures of an ex-pat dog, where Jackie has used her art to describe Hudson’s

JCM: Bonjour, Spencer. It’s always a pleasure to come to France and to Paris in particular. Thank you for coming to the signing.

SLB:
This signing has given us the opportunity to meet, and to share the adventures of Hudson with Parisians. What made you want to write the book?

JCM: I’ll tell you a secret: Hudson didn’t really go to Paris. My friend Ariane had adopted him just before I left to stay in Paris for a few months. From the moment we met, Hudson and I were fond of each another. I consider myself his aunt. When I was living in Paris, I liked to sit in the park and draw dogs, and I often thought of him when I took photos and made gouaches of people and dogs I saw on my walks in the city. Paris is a city of dogs. You see them everywhere with their owners. Little by little, the sketches took shape and the idea came to me of bringing Hudson into the picture. I don’t speak French well, and I substituted Hudson for myself.

SLB: How has the book been received in the U.S.?

JCM: Oh, it’s been a success. Each book signing is an event, with dogs and children. In fact, Paris-Chien has become as much a book for adults as for kids.

SLB: The dog is a wonderful companion who guides children as they discover a new city, a new culture in the pages. For Francophiles, this little book is a way to reconnect with Paris and French culture. For those who don’t know French, it allows them to quickly learn a few words and discover French customs, the bakeries, neighborhood markets, gardens.

Paris-Chien is not just for kids and dog owners, but will be enjoyed by all urban adventurers. Americans love Paris and France and Hudson is a marvelous ambassador!

JCM: Thank you, Spencer. It was great getting to meet you in person. À la prochaine! (until next time!)



Learn more about PARIS A 4 PATTES on Spencer's
Premier e-guide des chiens parisiens par Spencer Le Border,
Informations, adresses, conseils, vous feront (re)découvrir la Ville Lumière côté chien.
impressions and encounters in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.